October 15, 2019
Domestic Violence: Fear of Deportation

You do not have to tell anyone in the family court your immigration status. You have the right to ask for a restraining order for your protection without being afraid of deportation. However, you should contact an immigration attorney before taking legal action. If you do not have an immigration attorney, you can call one of the following agencies for help:

La Raza Centro Legal 415-575-3500
Immigrant Assistance Line 554 2444
Asian Law Caucus 415-391-1655
Northern California Coalition for Immigrant Rights 415-543

© 2019 Superior Court of San Mateo County