Check out the Sacramento Law Library's Self-Help Videos, for videos on all types of issues, like:
- how to sue someone in civil court,
- serving papers,
- writing a "cease and desist" letter,
- doing discovery,
- preparing for a trial,
- enforcing a judgment, and
- much more.
- Families Change - A Guide to Separation and Divorce with 3 versions-one for parents, one for children, and one for teens and pre-teens.
- Parenting After Separation: Course that helps parents make decisions about their separation, putting the children's needs first.
- Finances After Separation: Learn how to handle the financial issues during divorce or legal separation.
- For a computer program that asks you simple questions and fills out the forms you need for different types of cases, visit:
Note: The websites below may be part of other Superior Courts in California. Keep in mind that they may have local information that does not apply to San Mateo County. But, most of the laws, forms, and procedures are the same for every county in the state, so you can still find helpful information to help you with your San Mateo case. If you are not sure, talk to a lawyer.
- Sacramento Law Library Self-Help
- Self-Help - Santa Clara Superior Court